There was a bug related to any SIMMS forms that use dates, where if the date is December 1st, 2011 or later the date related forms like the invoice manager, sales order manager, purchase order manager and so on will generate an exception error.
We have created a patch for this issue, details mentioned below.
SIMMS Versions 8.0 to 8.0.7 Beta 3 (DOES NOT APPLY TO SIMMS VERSION 7)
If the system date is December 1st, 2011 or later and when attempting to open the invoice manager, sales order manager, purchase order manager and any other form related to dates you will get an exception error. error similar to this:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.
************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Year, Month, and Day parameters describe an un-representable DateTime.
at System.DateTime.DateToTicks(Int32 year, Int32 month, Int32 day)
at KCSI.Simms.Common.frmDocManager.set_Conn(Conn value)
To fix this issue do the following;
- Make sure your SIMMS installation is on the latest version of 8.06 if you are not sure look at the bottom left corner of the SIMMS Software main screen, if you are on version 8.0.0 - 8.0.5 then
- backup your database;
- proceed to http://setup.kcsi.ca and upgrade your database server and clients to version 8.0.6 first, then proceed with the next step
- If you are on 8.0.6 or one of the 8.0.7 beta versions proceed with the instructions below.
- Verify you are on 8.0.6 or newer
- Make sure everyone is logged out of SIMMS
- Backup your SIMMS Database
- Unzip “KCSI.Simms.Common” file from the zip archive associated to this knowledge base article
- Copy KCSI.Simms.Common.dll
- Paste the “KCSI.Simms.Common.dll” file in your KCSI> SIMMS root directory (default location C:/Program Files/KCSI/SIMMS)
- Select “Yes” to copy and replace.
- Repeat this process for all SIMMS Workstations.