SIMMS Inventory Software Version 2012 Vol1.1 has been released
Abbotsford, BC December 30th, 2012
KCSI today is pleased to announce the release of SIMMS Inventory Software Version 2012, a widely anticipated update to its popular Inventory Software Application.
SIMMS Software turns your computer into an advanced inventory management and accounting software tool, giving you the ability to setup inventory items, transfer your inventory from location to location, complete sales and purchasing transactions, track serial numbers with manufacturer lot control, expiration date management, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Order Fulfillment and Replenishment, Order Picking, Remote Data collection, Barcode printing and more.
Kornyk Computer Solutions International, Inc. (KCSI) is located in the Vancouver suburb of Abbotsford in British Columbia, Canada. Since 1996 we have evolved into a global Software solution provider and programming house that develops and integrates business inventory management and accounting applications.
Accounts Payable Enhancements
Case# 5979 – Invoice matching has been enhanced in order to simplify the process of matching Vendor invoices to Receipts of goods, Now you can enter the AP invoice number in the AP Invoice number field found in the receipt header when receiving your product or when processing invoice matching just by entering the AP invoice number and AP invoice date in the available fields found in the invoice matching summary screen, once you enter and click process then invoice, the information is stored in the applicable fields for further reference, the fields can be found in the invoice matching screens, Vendor payment detail screen, receipt of goods and AP payment screen. Note the AP invoice date displayed by default in invoice matching is the receipt of goods date, if you decide to change this date to match the AP invoice date the receipt date is also changed to match.
Automotive Maintenance Enhancements
Case#4535 – You now have the ability to override the prices charged to your customers from right in the automotive maintenance detail screen while adding items and booking time.
Bank Rec Enhancements
Case# 5915 – We have changed some labels and cleaned up the bank rec screens in order to make the screens more user friendly.
Barcode Manager Enhancements
Case#6019 – We have removed The "Show Barcode interface after receiving apparel items" option from global settings and replaced this with more of a global solution related to receipts of goods. Now if you select the Ask for printing or print option related to receipt barcodes in the reports section of global settings you are have the ability to launch the barcode printing screen after saving your receipt where all of the items on the receipt of goods will automatically be in the printing grid so you can print barcodes for the items related to the receipt. We have also enhanced for serial number management as well.
Export to Accounting System Enhancements
Case# 5931 – now the if you click export to excel from this module it includes the detail lines of the transactions that would be exported to the accounting system as well as the header information.
Fulfillment Manager Enhancements
Case#5984 we have enhanced the Fulfillment manager to accommodate item expiration dates
Case#6001 After celebrating over 14 successful years we have decided to change our versioning of SIMMS to reflect the year, service pack and patch for example for year 2012, service pack 1, patch 2 the version will be SIMMS 2012 Vol1.2. This makes it easier to understand and manage for the end users.
Inventory Management Enhancements
Case# 6010 – We have enhanced the process of putting Stock On Hold where you can now associate the exp. Date related to the stock you are putting on hold.
Case# 6000 - We have enhanced the quick stock window so it displays the expiry dates in the same format as the preferred format specified on the user manager.
Inventory Transfer Enhancements
Case# 5937 – Now if you hit “ctrl f” in the item transfer detail screen it will bring up the enhanced item search screen
Kitting (BOM) Enhancements
Case# 5995 – We have enhanced kitting so the kitting process uses the expected Unit of measurement when adding kit components
Kitting Project Manager Enhancements
Case# 5937 - We have changed the price label in item transfers to cost because this field was reporting the cost not the price.
- We have added a refresh button in the project management summary screen so you can easily refresh project updates without leaving the screen.
- We have enhanced the speed in this module
- We have added the ability to remove manual vendor invoices added to projects, the invoice value will also be removed from the project as a result of removing the invoice.
- Now the project manager will ignore the tax amounts related to manual vendor invoices reporting only the net plus freight.
- We have increased the project number field size limitation to 30 characters
- We have added the grand total labour cost, total vendor invoices and item costs for all stages to the top of the report.
- Now you can't assign the same sales order number to more then one project
- Now if you created a project, and didn't assign a sales order number but did select a customer and realize you selected the wrong customer you can select another customer, provided the project isn't closed and you have not associated a sales order to the project.
- You can now edit the project No. on Open projects only.
- When you click the Print icon to print the Kit Project Report there is a new dialog that appears where the user can;
- print the report that includes cost details from the start of the project to the current date. This is the default setting.