If your SIMMS Inventory Software is installed on a terminal server or perhaps a Citrix server then chances are you will have to launch more then one instance of SIMMS at one time, to do this your SIMMS Shortcut will require a variable.
Instructions to enable SIMMS for a multi session environment
In order to allow SIMMS to open more then one session at once for terminal server or citrix do the following;
• Delete the existing SIMMS shortcut from the desktop
• Proceed to the SIMMS root folder (default: c:/program files/KCSI/SIMMS).
• Right click SIMMS.exe
• select Create Shortcut
• proceed to the new shortcut created and rename it to SIMMS 8.0
• open the properties of the shortcut and in the target field add /NEW after the target path, for example:
("C:\Program Files\KCSI\SIMMS\SIMMS.exe" /new)
• Click apply and copy the shortcut to the desktop
SIMMS Inventory Software All versions